Highlights of MMVIII:
- After a year of maternity leave, I started back at work. I know that there are some mamas out there who can do the whole stay-at-home thing, but I really needed to get back into an adult world. While it was a bit bumpy getting back into the routine of things (including Emma being at a sitter’s part-time), I’m glad to be back at ‘er.
- Emma turned 1, and hasn’t looked back since.
- I turned 30, and have done a lot of looking back.
- Two visits home, one in May/June, and last week. The only drawback of going home and seeing family again is the big hole that’s left in your heart once you get back (that tends to last longer each time).
- OBAMA! By the end of the campaign, even I got a little politics-out. It was a huge win, and here’s hoping for a better direction for my homeland.
- I. defended. my. thesis. Successfully, too, I may add.
- I’m sure there’s a lot more to add to this list — but frankly, I’m just glad to have survived the month of December. This has been one crazy-filled month for me, and I’m just looking forward to a new start in 2009.
Have fun watching the ____ drop tonight (be it the Times Square ball, the 1200lb acorn, the giant pickle, or drag queen).
See ya, 2008.