From its FAQ:
- Freecycle is NOT a charity.
- Freecycle is NOT a lending closet.
- Freecycle is NOT a free-for-all.
- Freecycle is NOT a means to get as much free stuff as you can.
- Freecycle is NOT a way to get more stuff to sell, eBay, or auction.
- Freecycle is NOT a way to keep from taking your broken items to the dump if that’s where they really belong.
So what “IS” Freecycle?
- Freecycle IS about keeping things out of the landfill.
- Freecycle IS about sharing an item that retains usefulness.
- Freecycle IS about clearing out our unused clutter.
- Freecycle IS about COMMUNITY.
I love the idea of this, and I’m looking forward to participating in it. In fact, I’ve already posted an “offer” of some baby clothes that were given to me, that I can no longer use (due to a rapidly-growing little one).